Create a Sale on Etsy
Putting your shop on sale during holidays and special days of the year, can help in winning more sales and increasing your bottom line.
Our Sale Manager feature is a robust and easy-to-use tool, that is offered with no extra cost!
Here you can learn how discounted items look like, how to set up and manage your sales events and what options are available for you.
Few things to know about our Etsy-on-Sale tool:
- Running a sale event does not increase your Etsy bill.
- Sales events can be scheduled in advance to any future date and can run for up to 30 days.
- You can choose what shop sections to include in the sale.
- You can choose what items to exclude from the sale.
- You can choose what call-to-action banner to add to your main image. There are few options to choose from. This will serve as an added incentive to make a purchase. Example:
- You can stop a sales event once it is active. Our system will then start reverting back the prices and titles of the discounted items. The banner we added will be removed and the original image loaded.
- Stopped events can be restarted.
- While a sales event is active, you can extend its end date.
- When setting up a sale event, you can request to an email alert when a sale has started or ended.
- When setting up a sale event, you can request to receive text messages to notify you when a sale has started or ended.
Set Up and Schedule
Step 1: Click the 'Create & Manage Sale Events' to View the Setup.
Step 2: Set Up Your Sale Event.
Step 3: Click the Schedule Sale Event or Start it Now.
Your Discounted Items
The price of items that participate in a sale event is lowered based on the discount you have set. If you have decided to add a call-to-action banner, it will be added at the top of your main image, and will also help distinguish your items from other search results.
The item description page would look like this: